The leather goods are made up of animal furs; this is the reason why the leather goods contain tiny pores on it. When the leather goods are poorly maintained, it will start losing its shine and moreover, it will easily absorb the odor either it is body odor, smoke from the cigarette or kitchen or the pet odor. It can become smelly after a part of the time. Some of the commercial products are specially designed to deodorize the leather furniture without harming its appearance and quality.
Even there are many amazing home remedies which will work effectively in removing the odor from the leather furniture. When the leather couch starts releasing odor it is very difficult to sit or relax on it. It is very difficult to bare the odor people can fix an appointment with the Professional Leather Couch Cleaning company and hand over the job to them. But for some people, it is very difficult to afford the expensive treatment for their Leather Upholstery Cleaning. Such people can follow the bellow effective deodorizing methods to remove the odor from the furniture.
Steps to Remove Odor from The Leather Couch
- Choose the cleaner that is pH balanced and apply or spray it on the leather couch. buy a product that perfectly suits your furniture. For confirming check the manufacturer’s instruction and purchase a product. After purchasing the cleaner check the label and follow the directions carefully. The deodorizing cleaners are specially designed to eliminate the dirt, virus, bacteria and other harmful pathogens from the leather couch. The pH balanced cleaners will never harm the quality and appearance of the leather couch as they contain glycerin which softness the leather.
- You can treat the Leather Couch Dry Cleaning with the saddle soap. You can purchase the saddle soap online or nearby stores in your locality. Even you can prepare your own saddle soap through online research. Apply the soap by using a wet flannel cloth and rub the couch in a circular motion. Work until the polish is dry.
- Finally, spray white vinegar on the couch surface. Vinegar is an effective disinfectant which will kill the bacteria that is responsible for causing odor. Wipe the excess liquid with a clean and dry cloth. Apply a thin layer of orange oil or olive oil for fresh smell.
Alternate Methods to Remove Odor from the Couch
- Try to move the couch in the room where you can comfortably open the windows and doors to allow the fresh air and light come in. because the light and air is the effective and natural deodorizer which will remove the odor effectively from the couch.
- Mix a part of ammonia with a part of the water in a spray bottle and spray on the couch and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Wipe the leather surface with a clean and dry towel. This will amazingly eliminate the bad odor from the leather couch.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda in the leather furniture and thoroughly vacuum the surface. This is one of the best methods to eliminate odor from the furniture.